Have you ever wondered what to do when you have no internet connection and you’re bored out of your mind? Well, we have the perfect solution for you: the dinosaur game on your browser!
The dinosaur game is a hidden feature of Chrome that appears when you have no internet connection. It was created by Google engineers as a way to entertain users who are offline. The game is also known as T-Rex Runner or Chrome Dino. It has become very popular among internet users and has inspired many memes, fan art, and even merchandise.
The game is simple but addictive. You control a pixelated dinosaur that runs and jumps over cacti and birds. The game gets faster and harder as you progress. The goal is to survive as long as possible and beat your high score.
In this article, we’ll show you how to access and play the dinosaur game on your browser in just a few seconds. We’ll also share some tips and tricks to improve your skills and score. And we’ll tell you some fun facts and history about the game that you might not know.
How to Play the Dinosaur Game
The dinosaur game is only available on Chrome, so you’ll need to have this browser installed on your computer or phone. If you don’t have Chrome, you can download it for free!
- Turn off your internet connection. You can do this by disabling your Wi-Fi or mobile data, or by switching to airplane mode.
- Once you’re offline, open your Chrome browser and type any URL in the address bar. Hit enter and you’ll see a message saying “There is no Internet connection” and a cute dinosaur icon above it.
- To start the game, press the spacebar on your keyboard or tap on the dinosaur icon on your screen. You’ll see the dinosaur running and jumping over cacti and birds.
- To play the game, use the spacebar or the up arrow key on your keyboard to make the dinosaur jump. You can also use the down arrow key to make the dinosaur duck under birds. On mobile devices, you can tap anywhere on the screen to make the dinosaur jump.
- The game will end when you hit an obstacle or when you resume your internet connection. You can see your current score at the top right corner of the screen. You can also see your high score at the bottom right corner of the screen.
That’s it! You’ve just accessed and played the dinosaur game on your browser. It’s that easy!
Tips and Tricks to Play the Dinosaur Game
The dinosaur game may seem simple, but it can be quite challenging and frustrating at times. Here are some tips and tricks to help you improve your skills and score:
- Keep jumping: The goal of the game is to keep the dinosaur constantly jumping to avoid obstacles. Tap the spacebar or click repeatedly to make the dinosaur jump over cacti and pterodactyls. The longer you can keep jumping without hitting anything, the higher your score will go.
- Time your jumps carefully: Pay attention to the spacing of the obstacles as they approach. Jump right as a cactus or pterodactyl is about to pass under the dinosaur. Make sure to start your next jump before the next obstacle arrives. Proper timing is key to getting a high score.
- Use the environment to your advantage: Look for gaps in the obstacles where you can squeeze in multiple jumps without hitting anything. Try to line up your jumps to pass through these openings for bonus points. Pay attention to the terrain too – you can jump over smaller bushes and cacti for minimal risk.
- Go for combos and high scores: The longer you can keep a combo going by continuously jumping over obstacles, the more points you’ll rack up. Your goal should be to smash your previous high score. Common high scores range from 30-100 points for beginners, but with practice you can surpass 200 or 500 points.
- Learn the obstacle patterns: Pay close attention to the rhythm of the obstacles. After playing for a while, you’ll start to recognize recurring patterns in how the cacti and pterodactyls are spaced. This can help you better time your jumps. The patterns do vary, but familiarizing yourself with common sequences helps.
- Use two hands for more control: For an extra level of precision, use one hand to tap spacebar and the other to use the mouse cursor to click. This allows you to time your jumps more accurately and squeeze through narrow gaps. It takes some practice to coordinate both hands, but it pays off with higher scores.
- Restart right away on failure: If you hit an obstacle, don’t wait – immediately press spacebar or click to restart the game. Every second of downtime is lost scoring potential. Get back into the jumping rhythm as fast as possible to keep racking up points.
- Practice, practice, practice!: Like any game or skill, you’ll improve at the dinosaur game over time with repetition. Strive to beat your personal best each session. Over dozens or hundreds of playthroughs, you’ll develop better reflexes, hand-eye coordination, and mastery of the obstacle patterns.
Fun Facts and History About the Dinosaur Game
The dinosaur game is not just a game, it’s also a cultural phenomenon that has a lot of interesting facts and history behind it. Here are some of them:
- The dinosaur game was first introduced in September 2014 as part of Chrome version 39. It was designed by Sebastien Gabriel, a Google designer who wanted to create a simple but fun game that would work offline. He chose a dinosaur as the main character because he thought it was ironic that a prehistoric creature would appear in a modern browser.
- The dinosaur game is also known as T-Rex Runner or Chrome Dino because the dinosaur resembles a Tyrannosaurus rex, one of the most famous and iconic dinosaurs. However, Gabriel has said that the dinosaur is not a specific species, but rather a generic and cute representation of a dinosaur.
- The dinosaur game has a day and night cycle that changes every 100 points. The background color switches from light to dark and vice versa. This is a subtle way to indicate the progress and difficulty of the game.
- The dinosaur game has some hidden features and Easter eggs that can be activated by certain actions or events. For example, if you reach 700 points, a pterodactyl will fly across the screen. If you press the down arrow key while jumping, the dinosaur will do a 360-degree spin. If you press the up arrow key while ducking, the dinosaur will do a headstand. And if you play the game on December 25, you’ll see some Christmas decorations on the cacti and birds.
- The dinosaur game has become very popular among internet users and has inspired many memes, fan art, and even merchandise. There are many websites, apps, and extensions that allow you to play the game online or offline. There are also many variations and adaptations of the game that feature different characters, themes, and modes. Some examples are Batman Runner, Unicorn Runner, Flappy Bird Runner, and Mario Runner.